Account Executivesare passionate about getting the job done. In fact, they are the ultimate project manager, firing on all cylinders all the time. They assist in the execution of all marketing activities driving their business. They anticipate the entire process, from who is involved, to what needs to get done, and how it all fits together. Account Executives contribute to their client’s business through their strong understanding of the creative product and their role in its creation, and through their knowledge of the client, the client’s business and their consumer. They are expected to act and think creatively and strategically, contributing to their team, but also owning their projects. Account Executives must inspire confidence to deliver the integrated resources that best meet the needs of their client’s business.
Core attributes of an Account Executive are: Contributor, Solution-Oriented and Idea-Oriented.
- Sole owner of the foundation of the accounts; status reports, budget reports, timelines, opening/closing job #s, ISCI code list, etc.
- Serves as support to the SAE, developing and maintaining all documents related to each project up to date.
- Meeting preparation, ensuring all documents for meetings are ready, room reservations secured, A/V, call in numbers communicated, etc, displaying a high attention to detail.
- Is a key contact for other departments, especially creative and production; proactively questions and problem-solves with all departments & clients to ensure smooth progress on all projects.
- Adept at identifying potential problems and developing recommended solutions to review with their team.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate issuance of all status and budget reports to the client and agency team members. Ensures budgets and timelines are met and alerts team of potential issues.
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of agency processes and the time required to complete each stage. Can formulate the implication of changes to budget and delivery timelines.
- Forges strong relationships among key partner departments (agency partners, creative, broadcast, media, production, etc.) to facilitate the smooth progress of client projects.
- Takes initiative to make appropriate decisions and uses good judgment when doing so. Exhibits integrity, professionalism, dependability and mature thinking.
- Excellent writing skills.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Advertising or similar position.
- Proven experience in effective project management.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery.
- Excellent written skills.
- Solution-oriented, assertive and resilient.
- Readiness for personal responsibility.
- Excellent time management skills.