Account Supervisors are passionate about getting the job done. In fact, they are the ultimate project manager, firing on all cylinders all the time. They assist in the execution of all marketing activities driving their business. They anticipate the entire process, from who is involved, to what needs to get done, and how it all fits together. Account Supervisors contribute to their client’s business through their strong understanding of the creative product and their role in its creation, and through their knowledge of the client, the client’s business and their consumer. They are expected to act and think creatively and strategically, contributing to their team, but also owning their projects. Account Supervisors must inspire confidence to deliver the integrated resources that best meet the needs of their client’s business.
Core attributes of an Account Supervisors are: Contributor, Solution-Oriented and Idea-Oriented.
- Demonstrates knowledge of their client’s business. Understands how each assignment fits into the brand scope and why an idea is right.
- Is a key contact for other departments, especially creative and production; proactively questions and problem-solves with all departments & clients to ensure smooth progress on all projects.
- Adept at identifying potential problems and developing recommended solutions to review with their team.
- Adds value to the creative process by providing ideas and support to help to overcome possible obstacles, offering relevant, insightful feedback and developing the case to sell the work.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate issuance of all status and budget reports to the client and agency team members. Ensures budgets and timelines are met and alerts team of potential issues.
- Understands the role of strategy holistically on a broad level; can take consumer insights and relevant brand data and use them to develop cogent strategic options for the team to consider.
- Understands the role of media and the role we play, ensures creative timelines take into account on – air dates, formats and manages communication with our media partners.
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of agency processes and the time required to complete each stage. Can formulate the implication of changes to budget and delivery timelines. Forges strong relationships among key partner departments (broadcast, media, production, etc.) to facilitate the smooth progress of client projects.
- Builds client confidence by demonstrating an ability to creatively manage and deliver a quality product, on time, on strategy and on budget.
- Takes initiative to make appropriate decisions and uses good judgment when doing so. Exhibits integrity, professionalism, dependability and mature thinking
- Demonstrable experience in Advertising or similar position.
- Proven experience in effective project management.
- Strong facilitation/presentation skills, both in preparing materials required and in delivery.
- Excellent written skills.
- Solution-oriented, assertive and resilient.
- Readiness for personal responsibility.
- Excellent time management skills